Friday, July 6, 2012

Colorful Vision 




Since elementary I remember walking into my classrooms every year and having the class burst at me with with color and fun. The environment was very warm and exciting and it keep my attention as well as my classmates. As I continue to mature in age as well as grade I have witness fun and exciting classrooms turn into a little color and just inspirational poster in middle and high school, and now in college dull and plan rooms with no color.

















As a future educator I plan on teaching elementary and one thing that I am looking forward to is creating a fun and exciting classroom for my students to enjoy. Learning can be fun, adding posters with colors and pictures to interact with a math lesson or art can be very beneficial for students. Color is great because it can cause great moods of calm, security, excitement within a student.

(Read more about the importance of color in the learning environment)http://bit.ly/Naj19d

1 comment:

  1. Great link! I know in my PV building, at least, we can't put up posters that aren't framed or treated a certain way because they are fire hazards. If we paint the walls, they'll be painted back to standard off-white. No wonder so many professors arm themselves with a dozen different colors of dry erase markers :)

    I think it can be hard to balance colorful with too much stimulation / too much to look at, but that's probably why I'm not an interior decorator. I like some classrooms I have visited where there are writing prompt posters with questions for brainstorming, common transitions, etc.--stuff that students need to look at when they are journaling or working on a writing topic.

    ReplyDelete